Margaret's Boiled Fruit CakeFrom bellarose20 3 years ago
- 2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 450g butter shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 Cups Cold water shopping list
- lemon or orange shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons mixed spice shopping list
- 2 Cups raisins shopping list
- 2 Cups sultanas shopping list
- 2 Cups currants shopping list
- (instead of the above fruits 1 kg of mixed spice) shopping list
- 4 Cups Wholemeal flour shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Place sugar, butter & fruits into a saucepan & bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and add the flour (a bit more will probably be needed).
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Line a large meat dish with baking paper and pour in the mixture.
- Bake at 150 degrees celcius for 1 hour.
- Add lemon or orange juice and rind if desired.
The Cookbellarose20 Christchurch, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!