Indian Curry LentilsFrom Dragonflies 5 years ago
How to make it
- Cook Rice in a steamer or pot
- For each cup of rice, use 2 cups of water. (one cup of rice is enough for us, though you can make more)
- If you cook rice in a pot, be sure that you have it on a low boil until the water is almost gone.
- Separate pot:
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil
- 1 1/2 cups of lentils of choice (can be variety) can also be with split peas like I did here
- Cook for 35 minutes
- add half a head of garlic diced
- add a cup of peas and carrots ( I used frozen)
- spices of choice ( I used lots of yellow curry) start with 2 tablespoons and see if you want to add more based on the potency you desire
- Add natural see salt to taste
- If you see that the soup became to thick, add some water and you will also need to kick in some more of the spices to make sure it is not watered down.
- cook five more minutes and it is ready - do not cook longer than that.
- To accomplish this look, put the rice in a thinly oil coated cup or small bowl and tip it upside down on the curry :)
- Enjoy !
The CookDragonflies Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!