Coconut Pie W Mile High MeringueFrom beatngu2 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup coconut (if you want a pineapple pie, add 1 cup crushed pineapple) shopping list
- If you want to make a chocolate pie instead of coconut or pineapple, add 2 squares unsweetened melted chocolate or cocoa mixed with a little water that has been made into a paste. chocolate mixture must be fairly thick to prevent it from being too runny. shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well. Add egg yolks and stir. Add milk. Cook slowly until thick, stirring constantly. After pudding is thick, add butter and vanilla. Pour into cooled, baked pie shell. (HINT) I started using the PIllsbury rolled crusts in the grocery stores instead of making my own....they are excellent.
- For the meringue:
- Beat 4 egg whites with 1/2 teaspoon baking powder until stiff. Add 1/2 cup sugar and blend well. Cover pie with mixture. Make sure to seal the filling to edge of crust or pie will weep. Brown in oven 15 minutes.
The Cookbeatngu2 Creal Springs, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!