Chocolate-covered Marshmallow CookiesFrom GourmetJeannie 3 years ago
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 3 tbsp packed light-brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 9 large marshmallows, halved shopping list
- 9 oz. semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a medium bowl, whisk both the flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar on high
- Scrape down the bowl as needed until light, about 4 minutes
- Add the egg
- Beat to combine, scraping down the bowl as needed
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture
- Beat until combined
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls, 3 inches apart, onto two
- parchment-lined baking sheets.
- With the bottom of a measuring cup dipped in flour, flatten the cookies to 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake until dry and set, about 7 minutes.
- Rotate the sheets halfway through baking time
- Remove from the oven and top each cookie with a marshmallow half
- Bake until the marshmallows are soft, about 2 minutes
- Remove from the oven
- Using a metal spatula, gently flatten each marshmallow
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on sheets on wire racks.
- Place the chocolate in a medium heat proof bowl set over - Not In - a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir until melted, about 2 minutes
- Remove the bowl from the pan
- Place one cookie at a time on the tines of a fork submerged in the chocolate, then gently tap to remove the excess chocolate.
- Place on a wire rack set over a baking sheet and place in a refrigerator to set up for about 10 minutes
People Who Like This Dish 0
- GourmetJeannie Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔