Chicken Roulade With Red Pepper SauceFrom Parfait 3 years ago
- 2 chicken breasts shopping list
- 150g/5oz soft goats cheese shopping list
- 50ml/2floz double cream shopping list
- 10 sunblushed tomatoes shopping list
- 6 fresh basil leaves shopping list
- salt and black pepper to season shopping list
- for pepper sauce: shopping list
- 1 red pepper, grilled to blacken the skin, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 50ml/2fl oz red wine vinegar shopping list
- 200ml/7fl oz extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon shopping list
- large handful watercress shopping list
How to make it
- • Cut the mini-fillets off the chicken breasts and reserve. Season the larger chicken breasts with salt and freshly ground black pepper and place between two sheets of cling film and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten the meat as thin as possible.
- • Place the reserved chicken mini-fillets, goats' cheese, cream, sun-blushed tomatoes and basil into a food processor and blend until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- • Spread the chicken and goats' cheese mixture over each of the flattened chicken breasts, leaving a clear gap around the bottom edge of the meat. Roll the chicken up into a sausage shape, then wrap up in cling film. Wrap this in aluminium foil.
- • Place the parcel into a large pan of simmering water and poach for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- • Once poached, remove the chicken from the wrapping and pat dry with kitchen paper. Cut the top and bottom ends off to tidy the roll, then cut into rounds, as you would a roulade.
- • For the red pepper dressing, place the red pepper, mustard, vinegar, olive oil and tarragon into a clean food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes, until very smooth.
- • To serve, place a handful of watercress onto two plates. Place a slice of the poached chicken roll onto the watercress and drizzle over the red pepper dressing.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- Parfait My Kitchen, UK
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookParfait My Kitchen, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!