Beef Stew With A Moroccan FlavorFrom katethirtynine 3 years ago
- 4 tbsp veg oil (can use olive if keep on med. heat) shopping list
- 1 lb stewing beef or round steak cut up in 1" cubes shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper or black shopping list
- 1/8 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2-1 cup red wine shopping list
- 3 gr. onions chopped shopping list
- 1 baby food jar squash or carrots shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisons shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro shopping list
- potatoes (opt) at end of cooking. shopping list
How to make it
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray and turn on.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in heavy frying pan. Add beef and brown sides.
- Move beef to sides of pan to make an opening to add the rest of the oil.
- Sprinkle beef with salt, pepper and flour. Mix into heated oil and cook for a minimum of one minute.
- Add wine to beef, mix & scrape bottom of pan to get all the crusty brown bits encorperated. Pour into crock pot making sure to get all the bits.
- Add all the rest of ing and stir. Set to low and cook all day or afternoon if that's all you have.
- You can add chopped carrots if you like and garbonzo beans. Or any veggie you like really.
- You can also add chopped potatoes when you have about 3-4 hours left to cook.
The Cookkatethirtynine Whereabouts, Unknown
- Not added to any groups yet!