Spicy Lentil SoupFrom bensums 4 years ago
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 leeks shopping list
- 4 carrots shopping list
- 1 celery heart shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger shopping list
- 1 red chilli shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 500g red lentils shopping list
- 2 litres chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Chop leeks, carrots, celery, ginger, chilli and fry in olive oil on medium heat for around 15 minutes until beginning to colour.
- While waiting chop the garlic, wash the lentils and if using stock cubes make up the stock.
- When ready add the garlic to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the lentils, cider vinegar and stock then bring to the boil and leave to simmer for around 30 minutes until lentils are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The Cookbensums Norwich, United Kingdom
- Not added to any groups yet!