Curried Chicken And Black Bean SoupFrom asmith 4 years ago
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 3 tsp bottled minced garlic shopping list
- 1 sm onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 carton button mushrooms, chopped or 1 can mushrooms, drained and cut up shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- coarse ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 2 32oz cartons chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, pureed shopping list
- 1 can cream of celery soup shopping list
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2/3 cup instant rice shopping list
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup carrots, julienned shopping list
- 1 Tbsp curry shopping list
- 2 tsp cilantro shopping list
- 1 tsp basil shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
How to make it
- In a stock pot, over high heat, sautee garlic and onion in butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When onions begin to soften, turn heat down to medium-medium high, sautee 3 minutes more. Sprinkle with brown sugar and continue to cook until butter is nearly cooked away, stirring frequently.
- Deglaze pan with 1/4 c. of broth. Add remaining broth, chicken, tomato puree, cream soup, mushrooms and beans.
- Add spices, bring to a boil then put in rice and carrots.
- Turn heat down to low, simmer 30 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- asmith Misery, MO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔