German Chocolate CakeFrom lmfansler 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 4 (1 oz) squares German sweet chocolate shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs yolks shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk or regular milk shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 12 fluid oz evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) package flaked coconut shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
- 2. Microwave chocolate and water on high for 1 1/2 minutes to 2 minutes. Stir halfway through. Make sure all is melted and smooth.
- 3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 4. In large mixing bowl, blend 1 cup butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add 4 egg yolks one at a time beating well after each addition.
- 5. Stir in chocolate and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix well.
- 6. Add flour mixture and milk. Blend until smooth.
- 7. In separate bowl, beat egg whites on high until soft peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
- 8. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- 9. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- 10. Cool completely.
- 11. While cake is cooling, prepare frosting.
- 1. Combine milk, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 3/4 cup butter, 4 egg yolks and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla in large saucepan.
- 2. Cook and stir on medium heat for about 12 minutes or until thick and golden brown.
- 3. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut.
- 4. Cool to room temperature and spread onto cake.
The Cooklmfansler Cameron, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!