Whole Wheat BiscuitsFrom anj 3 years ago
- 2 c. whole grain, soft white wheat flour* shopping list
- 1 T. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 T. sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c. shortening shopping list
- 1 c. milk or buttermilk shopping list
- *If soft white wheat flour isn't available, use all purpose flour rather than regular whole wheat flour. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk dry ingredients together. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in milk just until dough comes away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn out and knead 15-20 times.
- Pat or roll dough 1" thick. Cut with 3" floured biscuit cutter or the rim of a glass that has been dipped in flour.
- Brush off excess flour and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until edges start to look brown.
- Remove from oven and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- anj Mabank, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookanj Mabank, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!