Pumpkin And Roasted Garlic Soup With A Basil AioliFrom kodachromegirl 6 years ago
For the soup
- 2tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger(optional) shopping list
- 1 head of garlic, roasted shopping list
- 1 can of pumpkin shopping list
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth shopping list
- 1 can of great northern beans or cannelini beans shopping list
- cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
For the Aioli
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
How to make it
Roasting the Garlic
- Elise at Simply Recipes has a wonderful tutorial on how to roast garlic.
- First, add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a dutch oven. Add chopped onion, ginger and bay leaf, and sautee until onion is soft. Deglaze with white wine if desired, then add chicken stock. Add can of pumpkin, roasted garlic and great northern beans. Simmer for 10 min. Remove bay leaf and transfer to blender in batches to puree. Return to dutch oven, season to taste, and simmer for 15min. There are many seasoning options for this dish. I like to finish with a little bit of cinnamon and nutmeg. If I'm not using fresh ginger, I add about a teaspoon of dried ginger as well.
- Add 1 clove of peeled garlic, basil, egg yolks, and dijon mustard to food processor and puree. Slowly drizzle in olive oil until mixture has thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over finished soup.
The Cookkodachromegirl Kansas City, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!