Cherry CrispFrom anj 3 years ago
- 2-3 c. sour red cherries shopping list
- 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 2 T. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 c. old-fashioned oats shopping list
- 1 c. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 c. melted margarine or butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease pan to be used.
- Whisk sugar and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat cherries and water to a boil over medium heat. Slowly stir in sugar mixture. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook until clear. Set aside.
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, soda and margarine or butter. Blend well with pastry cutter or hands.
- Put half of the flour mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Pour cherry mixture over the top and spread close to edges. Sprinkle remaining flour mixture over top of cherries.
- Put in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve warm in a bowl with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Gosh, my mouth is watering!
The Cookanj Mabank, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!