Persimmon Rice PuddingFrom anj 4 years ago
- 4 c. cooked rice, cooled** shopping list
- 2 c. American persimmon pulp shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 c. milk shopping list
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, optional shopping list
- 1/3 c. raisins shopping list
- 3/4 c. chopped nuts shopping list
- ** If you want to make this with brown rice, you'll need to find short-grain brown rice or sweet brown rice. Don't use long grain brown rice. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 3 quart casserole or a 9"x13" pan.
- Combine rice and persimmon pulp. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, milk, flour, egg, vanilla and optional cinnamon. Stir well to combine. Add rice and persimmon mixture. Mix well. Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Put in prepared casserole or pan, place in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until set.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or cool with whipped topping or whipped cream.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- anj Mabank, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookanj Mabank, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!