Black Forest CakeFrom anupama_a8386 6 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pitted sour cherries shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch, round, cake pans; cover bottoms with waxed paper.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 cups sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, milk, oil, and 1 tablespoon vanilla; beat until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 3. Bake for 35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Loosen edges, and remove to racks to cool completely.
- 4. Combine whipping cream and confectioner's sugar in a chilled medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- 5. Reserve 1 1/2 cups Frosting for decorating cake; set aside. Gently brush loose crumbs off top and side of each cake layer with pasty brush or hands. To assemble, place one cake layer on cake plate. Spread with 1 cup frosting; top with cherry . Top with second cake layer. Frost side of cake. Pat reserved crumbs onto frosting on side of cake. Spoon reserved frosting into pastry bag fitted decorator tip. Pipe around top edge of cake.
The Cookanupama_a8386 Bangalore, India
- Not added to any groups yet!