Coconut Broccoli RisottoFrom stormy_ide_girl 6 years ago
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup risotto [arborio] rice shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk (about 13 oz.) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock (or 1 1/2 cups water, 1 cube veggie bullion) shopping list
- 1 head of broccoli shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, cashews or almonds, toasted (nuts are optional shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a wide, flat pan and add the onion. Fry gently over medium low heat for 8–10 minutes or until softened.
- Add the rice, stir around well and then add the coconut milk and the stock. Stir well and bring to the boil. Simmer briskly for 15–20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli into small florets and steam briskly for 3–5 minutes or until lightly cooked but still slightly crunchy.
- Season the risotto to taste then gently stir in the nuts (if using) and the broccoli and serve at once.
The Cookstormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!