Apple Pie CakeFrom circlemoon8 3 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix with an electric mixer or a pastry cutter, and cut in butter utnil the mixture forms pea-size pieces. Press 2/3 of the mixture onto bottom and 1" up the sides of the springform pan.
- Peel apples, cut into thin slices and place in a bowl. Pour off any accumulated liquid. Toss the slices with remaining cinnamon and lemon juice, then put into prepared pan, pressing down gently as you pack them in -- the apples will mound up. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture on top of the apples.
- Put the pan on a lined baking sheet, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Run a knife around the edge of the pan, and let the cake cool in the pan to set. Serve at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- circlemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!