Marlboro Bbq Pot RoastFrom circlemoon8 4 years ago
- 1 or 2 7-bone or blade pot roasts, 2" thick shopping list
- 3 TBS bacon fat or lard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper shopping list
- 3 medium onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 8 oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup Fire water or water plus 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 3 TBS brown sugar shopping list
- 1-2 tsp each chili powder and dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 TBS spicy steak sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Trim meat, if needed. Heat bacon fat in a Dutch oven (extra large for 2 roasts); brown meat on all sides. Remove meat from pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add onions and garlic to pot; cook over medium heat and stir until onions are golden brown. Place meat on top of onions. Mix tomato sauce and Fire Water; pour over meat and onions. Bring to a boil, cover and cook at a slow boil for 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix sugar, chili powder, dry mustard, cider vinegar, and steak sauce; pour over meat and onions. Cover and cook 1 hour. Baste with sacue once or twice. Remove roast and thicken sauce with 2 TBS all purpose flour and water, if desired.
- 1 roast makes 4-6 servings
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!