Irish Hot WhiskeysFrom jamesj 5 years ago
How to make it
- preheat the glass with a splash of boiling water, swirl and empty
- add brown sugar to a medium size glass or coffee glass
- add 2-3 cap fulls of good irish whiskey (mentioned above)
- prep the half slice of lemon and add a piece of clove to each mini segment, pierce it through and fix secure (don't want it popping out in the glass)
- ensure yor remove any pips from the lemon as will ruin the flavour
- pour the boiling water over the back of the spoon and into the glass this will absorb the heat and help prevent the glass breaking under the intense heat of the water and also prevent scorching of the whiskey (very important to do these)
- stir the mixture ensuring the sugar is disolved.
- add the prepped cloved lemon
- leave the spoon in for a wee while to take the intense heat away but not too long as it needs to be enjoyed HOT.
The Cookjamesj Belfast, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!