Almond CookiesFrom ambus 6 years ago
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 large whole egg, plus 1 large egg white shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- To toast the almonds, spread them on a rimmed baking sheet, and place in a 180 C oven. Remove when they're golden brown and fragrant, about 7-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Reserve 1/4 cup almonds (about 28) for garnish. Place remaining 3/4 cup in a food processor; pulse until finely ground.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add whole egg and almond extract ; beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating just until incorporated.
- Mix in ground almonds.
- Using 1 teaspoonful per cookie, roll dough into balls. See Photo
- Place onto prepared sheets, at least 1 inch apart.
- Garnish each cookie with a reserved almond. See Photo
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white with 1 teaspoon water; brush over cookies (discard excess white).
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes, rotating sheets from back to front halfway through. See Photo
- Let cool slightly; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating1 people
tried it,came out awesome!!smithsmile in Hyderabad loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Cookies And Sweets452 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Holiday Cookie Swappers222 members
Anything Goes289 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Family Favorites141 members
Tried And True Recipes40 members
Checkin Central284 members