Shepherd's PieFrom rosej 5 years ago
- 1 lb lean ground beef or lamb shopping list
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion shopping list
- 2 carrots, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 4 ounces sliced mushroom shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 tbls flour (leave out if using graving instead of stock) shopping list
- 2 tbls tomato paste shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups beef or lamb stock or 2 cups of leftover brown gravy shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp Gram masala shopping list
- Potato Topping: shopping list
- 1 lb mashing potatoes shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- Optional: Garnish with paprika or crumbled bacon. shopping list
How to make it
- Saute meat with chopped onion, carrots, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and bay leaf, cook, stirring until liquid is almost gone.
- Add tomato paste; cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add flour; cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the stock (gravy) and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add Gram Masala; cover, and simmer until thickened, about 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat over to 400 degrees
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes to make mashed potato topping. Bring to broil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; return to pot. Mash potatoes with a potato masher.
- Add butter, 3/4 tsp salt, white pepper, and nutmeg.
- Mash to incorporate, adding heavy cream. Mix well.
- Remove bay leaf from meat mixture.
- Spoon into baking dish and top with mashed potatoes, smoothing the top.
- Bake 15 minutes. Garnich and serve immediately.
The Cookrosej Dolores, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!