Roasted Beets With Mint-yogurt SauceFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1 bunch med. beets,scrubbed shopping list
- 3 bunches baby beets (about 1-1/2 lbs total,med and baby) shopping list
- 1 TB extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 c low-fat plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 TB fresh mint leaves,finely chopped shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 TB fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425'. In a 9x13" baking dish,toss beets with oil and season with salt and pepper
- Cover dish tightly with foil,roast until tender when pierced with a knife,45 to 60 mins,depending on size. When cool enough to handle,rub beets with paper towel to remove skins.
- Meanwhile,in small bowl,whisk together yogurt,mint leaves ,cumin ,lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Spoon yogurt sauce over beets.