Marlboro Planked Sirloin SteakFrom circlemoon8 6 years ago
- 1 boneless sirloin steak, 2 1/2 - 3" thick shopping list
- 8 firm medium tomatoes shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 4 small mushrooms shopping list
- 5 TBS soft butter, divided shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green chili peppers shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley, divided shopping list
- 1 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1-2 drops Tabasco sauce shopping list
- roasted chili peppers, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Choose a thick non-resinous board or split log. Soak in cold water for at least 1 hour.
- Trim steak as needed.
- Wash tomatoes; slice off tops. Scoop out seeds and pulp, leaving outer wall intact. Chop pulp; set aside. Sprinke tomatoes with salt and invert to drain.
- Clean mushrooms and chopp. Melt 2 TBS butter in a skillet; add mushrooms, garlic, and chili peppers and cook until tender. Add 3 TBS chopped cilantro and tomato pulp; cook until juice is absorbed, stirring often, about 4 or 5 minutes. Add bread crumbs and cheese. Spoon mixtrue into tomatoes. Set aside.
- Broil steak 5-6 inches from heat, 12 minutes per side.
- Place steak and stuffed tomatoes on plank. bake in a 400 oven for 10-15 minutes until steak is done and tomatoes are heated through. Add roasted chili peppers to plank, if desired.
- Beat remaining butter and cilantro together with lime juice and tabasco sauce. Spread over top of steak; return to oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Carve and serve steak from plank.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- circlemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!