Marlboro Pinto BeansFrom circlemoon8 6 years ago
- 1 lb dried pinto beans shopping list
- water shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers, seeds removed shopping list
- 1 TBS sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely chopped smoked bacon or salt pork shopping list
How to make it
- Wash beans; put into a large bowl or cooking pot. Pour water over beans to cover; let stand overnight. Drain and discard water.
- Put beans, garlic, onions, peppers, sugar, cumin and pepper into a large cooking pot. Pour 6 cups of water over mixture. Bring to a boil and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add salt and bacon; continue to simmer until beans are tender, about 45 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- circlemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!