Albondigas SoupFrom circlemoon8 5 years ago
- Meatballs: shopping list
- 3/4 lb ground round shopping list
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup salsa shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- Soup: shopping list
- 2 corn tortillas, cut into 1/4" strips shopping list
- 1 tsp oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup poblano chile, choped and seeded or 4.5 oz can chopped green chilies shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 16 oz can chicken broth shopping list
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/4 cup avocado, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 450.
- Meatballs: Combine first 5 ingredient. Shape mixture into 32 meatballs (3/4" size), place on broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 12 minutes or until done. Set aside.
- To prepare the soup, place the tortilla strips in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 cup onion, poblano, and garlic, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa and the next 4 ingredients, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the meatballs, cook for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Ladle the soup into bowls, and top with tortilla strips, diced avocado adn chopped cilantro.