Turtle StewFrom zoe 8 years ago
- 3 lbs of turtle meat shopping list
- 3qts of water shopping list
- 2 chopped medium onions shopping list
- 1 branch of chopped celery shopping list
- bay leaf shopping list
- 2 sprigs of parsley shopping list
- 6 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp of sugar shopping list
- 1 c. of canned tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp of salt shopping list
- tsp of whole black peppers shopping list
- 3 tbsp of butter shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to brush meat clean with a damp cloth
- Then you can chop meat from bones and add bones and gristle to water in a kettle
- Then you wan to add in the remaining ingredients except butter
- Nmow you want to heat water in a pot to boiling, then reduce flame and simmer covered for approx. 1 hr
- Then you can strain and discard vegetables and bones
- Next you want tocut turtle meat in small dice, 1inch pieces.
- Then you want to brown meat slowly in the hot butter pan until cubes are golden brown on all sides
- Now you can add browned meat and any remaining drippings to the strained broth.
- Let this heat to boiling.
- You can lower flame to low approx.20 to 30 min until a rich flavor is developed in broth and the turtle meat is done
- This does not need to overcook.
- Season as needed.
- Ladle and serve.
The Cookzoe San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!