Bread Bowl Spinach Artichoke DipFrom wylddwoman 6 years ago
- 2 16-oz sourdough bread rounds, about 6 inches in diameter shopping list
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 c. milk shopping list
- 1 4-oz can artichoke hearts, drained shopping list
- 1 10-oz package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and extra liquid squeezed out shopping list
- 1 1.4-oz envelope OR 1, 1.8-oz box (2 envelopes) vegetable soup mix shopping list
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, pressed shopping list
- 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 c. grated mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1 8-oz container sour cream shopping list
- Vegetable or olive oil, sprayable shopping list
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice off the top of one of the bread rounds, and carefully remove the soft center to create a bowl. Cut the second bread round into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the bread bowl in the center of a pizza stone or baking sheet, and arrange the bread cubes around the bowl. Spray the cubes with a light coating of oil.
- In a medium to large microwavable bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth. Add the milk and whisk again until smooth.
- Add the vegetable soup mix and dissolve into the mixture.
- Add garlic, Cheddar, Mozzarella, and mayonnaise, and stir well.
- Chop the artichokes into small pieces, and add them and the spinach to the mixture.
- Microwave on 60% power for 6 minutes, or until hot, but do not boil. Stir every few minutes to avoid boiling.
- Stir in the lemon juice and sour cream until well blended, and pour as much mixture as will fit into your bread bowl. (You will have enough to fill the bowl twice, and the dip will not spill out of the bowl when baked.)
- Grate fresh Parmesan over the bread bowl and cubes, and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the bread cubes turn golden brown.
- Stir up the hot dip and serve.