Scottish ShortbreadFrom angelarmck 3 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C/Gas Mark 3.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. until light and fluffy.
- Mix together the flour and cornstarch and sieve into the bowl of butter and sugar and mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll out the dough to ¼"/1 cm thick. Prick the surface all over with a fork. Cut into desired shape or rounds using cookie cutters.
- Place the Scottish shortbreads on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 25 mins or until pale brown and crisp. Sprinkle the warm Scottish shortbreads with fine sugar and leave to cool on a wire cooling rack. Store in an airtight tin or box.
The Cookangelarmck Scotland, Uk
- Not added to any groups yet!