Portuguese Steamed ClamsFrom habsgirl 4 years ago
- 5 pounds clams in shell, scrubbed shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds chorizo, sliced into chunks shopping list
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 cups white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- fresh parsley to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Wash clams well in a sink of cold water. Discard any clams that are already opened.
- In a large stock pot with a tight fitting lid, place the cleaned clams. Add the sausage, onion, tomatoes. garlic, water and wine. Cover and set over high heat. Steam until all the clams open up. Be sure to shake the pan often to insure even heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cooked clams. Evenly divide all the ingredients into warm soup plates. Divide the broth into side cups for dipping.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
The Cookhabsgirl Kitchener, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!