Roasted-pepper-pasta-stuffed PeppersFrom kandi928 3 years ago
- salt shopping list
- 1/2 pound short whole wheat pasta shopping list
- 5 large red bell peppers, tops cut off and reserved, seeded shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling shopping list
- 4 jarred roasted red peppers shopping list
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 small portobello mushroom caps, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 2 sprigs rosemary, stems discarded and leaves chopped shopping list
- One 28-ounce can fire-roasted crushed or diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach (a few generous handfuls) shopping list
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves shopping list
- 1 cup grated pecorino-romano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Trim the bottoms of the bell peppers, without cutting a hole, so that they stand. Season inside with salt and black pepper. Turn the peppers bottom side up in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, set the tops alongside and drizzle with EVOO. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Using a food processor, puree the roasted red peppers. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium heat. Add the red onion, garlic, mushrooms, crushed red pepper and rosemary and cook until softened, 7 minutes. Stir in the pureed peppers and the fire-roasted tomatoes; season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the pasta and toss. Add the arugula and basil and cook until wilted.
- Preheat the broiler. Turn the peppers upright; fill with pasta. Top with the cheese and broil until melted, 2 minutes. Cover with the tops and serve with any extra pasta.
The Cookkandi928 KIRKLAND, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!