Stuffed Breast of LambFrom amatullah 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup rice shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 small green peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 2 breasts of lamb, approx. 2 lbs. each shopping list
- 1 can tomatoes (19 oz. or 540 ml.) shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Worcester sauce shopping list
- Pinch of cayenne shopping list
How to make it
- In a frying pan, heat the oil; then add the rice, half of the garlic, the onions, and the green peppers, and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley, salt, pepper, and pine nuts, and 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- In the meantime, sew the two breasts of lamb together, forming a pocket.
- Stuff with the rice mixture, close by sewing, and place in a baking pan.
- Rub the breasts of lamb with salt and pepper, and the remainder of the garlic.
- Mix the tomatoes, 4 cups of water, the coriander leaves, the oregano, the Worcester sauce, and the cayenne, and pour the mixture over the meat.
- Bake for about 1½ hours at 350°F, or until the meat is done, basting occasionally with the sauce.
- Cover with foil, and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Serves 8 to 10.
The Cookamatullah Perth, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!