Vegan Peanut Butter Cream PieFrom stormy_ide_girl 4 years ago
- FOR THE CRUST: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup nondairy butter shopping list
- 2-3 Tbsp. ice water shopping list
- FOR THE PIE FILLING: shopping list
- 3 cans coconut milk-- NOT the lite variety (refrigerated overnight) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup peanut butter shopping list
How to make it
- FOR THE CRUST:
- * Mix the flour and the salt together. Cut together the flour mixture with the nondairy butter using a fork, two knives, or a pastry cutter. Combine until the mixture resembles crumbs. Slowly incorporate the ice water until the dough just starts to hold together when pressed between your fingers.
- * Shape the dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- * Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- * Lightly dust your work surface and rolling pin with flour. Roll out the pie crust until the dough is about 1/4 inch thick. Roll from the center out so that it's even.
- * Drape the dough over your rolling pin and transfer to a pie dish. Press the dough into the corners and trim off any excess hanging over the dish. Using a fork, poke a few holes in the bottom of the crust to prevent air bubbles.
- * Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- * Set aside to cool. Make sure it cools completely before you assemble the pie.
- FOR THE PIE FILLING:
- * The night before you are planning to make this pie, place the coconut milk in the fridge.
- * Open the cans of coconut milk, skim off the thick cream at the top of each jar, and put into the bowl of your stand mixer. (I'm sure there is a great use for the clear liquid at the bottom, although I haven't figured one out yet.)
- * Beat on high until the mixture is fluffy and thick.
- * Add in 1 cup of the powdered sugar and mix until all the sugar is incorporated, scraping down the sides as necessary. Beat until fully combined. Add the vanilla extract and beat for 3 to 5 more minutes.
- * Set about 2/3 of the mixture aside in a cool place. This will be the topping.
- * Add 1/2 cup of the peanut butter to the mixer and beat until fluffy. Add the remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar and beat until combined. Finally, beat in the last 1/2 cup of peanut butter until creamy.
- * Spread the peanut butter mixture over the bottom of your cooled pie crust. Gently spoon the remaining whipped coconut cream onto the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- stormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookstormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!