Guilt-free Slovak Poppy Seed Cake-low Fat, Low SugarFrom oliviaswarden 6 years ago
- 1 cup margarine (I use Brummel & Brown-yogurt blend) shopping list
- 6 cups sugar substitute (I found that baking sugar subs usually fade-must double just to get the flavor right- granular) shopping list
- 1 can (12 1/2 oz) ground poppy seed filling (Solo) shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour or spray with non-stick spray 12-cup bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan and set aside.
- Beat margarine and sugar substitute in a large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add poppy seed filling and beat untill blended.
- Add vanilla and yogurt and beat just untill blended.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt until blended; add to poppy seed mixture, gradually, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into batter and spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes to one hour 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool; Remove from pan and completely cool. Serve immediately!
- *Can serve immediately but its the best the next day or day after, gives the cake time to marinate the flavor-brings out the richness of the cake without sacrafice. Dust with Ideal Confectionery!! Keeps a long time-refridgerate (its really good cold) and freezes well.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- oliviaswarden Olmsted Falls, OH
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookoliviaswarden Olmsted Falls, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!