Bubur Cha Cha (sweet Potatoes & Taro In Coconut Milk)From Yinhomemade 6 years ago
- 450g orange sweet potato shopping list
- 250g Yellow sweet potato shopping list
- 500g yam (Taro) shopping list
- 175g sago pearls shopping list
- coconut milk Base shopping list
- 2 liter water shopping list
- 400g coconut milk (1 can) or evaporated milk shopping list
- sugar to taste shopping list
- 2-3 stalks Pandan leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Soak sago in warm water separately, drain.
- Peel and cut all potatoes and taro into chunks of desired shapes. Steam, separately, until cooked.
- Bring a pot of water, add enough sugar to just sweeten the soup and bring water to boil to dissolve the sugar. Add in pandan leaves and stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium heat and add in sago, coconut milk (evaporated milk), simmer about 10 minutes and keep stirring.
- Pour in all the ingredients stir evenly and simmer for another 5 minutes. The sago may still have some white uncooked starch in their center but the longer they are soaked in cooked bubur, the more translucent they will turn albeit slowly.
- Removed pandan leaves and serve either hot or cold.