Turkey Noodle SoupFrom windy1950 6 years ago
- 2 turkey drumsticks ~OR~ 4 turkey thighs (w/bone and skin) ~OR~ turkey carcass shopping list
- 8 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery with leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, pared and diced shopping list
- 1 large can sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can green beans shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can whole kernal corn shopping list
- 2 cups uncooked noodles (½ of 16oz bag) shopping list
- 2 Tbsps dried minced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place turkey drumsticks (or thighs) and water in a stockpot with seasonings, except for parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- 2. Simmer for 1 ½ hours or until meat falls from bones. Remove skin and bones, picking through the meat twice to ensure removal of splinters which are common in turkey drumsticks. Cut meat in small pieces and return to stock.
- 3. Add fresh vegetables and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 4. Add noodles and canned vegetables and simmer 20 minutes more. Add parsley before serving.
- YIELD: 6 servings
- NOTE: If there is any leftover Giblet Gravy, by all means throw it in. Just makes it richer.
- * Substitute 1 cut up chicken for turkey drumsticks.
- * Substitute 1 recipe rolled or drop dumplings for noodles.