Coconut Flour Chocolate CakeFrom forwardp5 4 years ago
- 1 cup coconut flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup organic cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter or coconut oil, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane juice shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup organic, unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease 8 x 8 cake pane generously with butter, set aside.
- Sift coconut flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a bowl, set aside.
- Cream the butter/coconut oil, evaporated cane juice in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in eggs, one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Scrape down the bowl in-between, if needed.
- On low speed, mix in the vanilla, applesauce, and yogurt until just combined.
- Still using low speed, mix in half the cocoa mixture.
- Scrape the bowl down and mix in the remaining cocoa mixture.
- The batter will be quite thick.
- Dump into prepared cake pan.
- Smooth the top of the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until risen and firm to the touch (a toothpick inserted into the center will come out mostly clean).
The Cookforwardp5 Kimball, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!