Indian Black-eyed Pea DipFrom stormy_ide_girl 4 years ago
- 16 ounces of cooked and drained black-eyed peas shopping list
- 1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil shopping list
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- ¼ tsp turmeric shopping list
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ cup water shopping list
- ¼ tsp garam masala shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon or lime juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro shopping list
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a fry pan on medium. Add cumin seeds and cook for a few minutes. Add black-eyed peas, followed by turmeric, cayenne pepper,
- coriander, salt and water. Stir to mix. Bring to a boil, cover with lid and reduce heat. Simmer until most of the water has been absorbed, and remove from heat. Mix in garam masala and lemon juice. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with cilantro and minced onion.
- Serve with pita chips, Indian flat bread or vegetables. Could also be used as a hearty side dish.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- stormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookstormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!