Black-eyed Pea BurritosFrom stormy_ide_girl 5 years ago
- 1 (14 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained or 1/2 cup dried, fully cooked shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 red onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 zucchini, chopped shopping list
- 1 green or red pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 tomato, diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided shopping list
- 6 tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- 1. If you are using dried peas, they must be fully cooked before you begin. Black-eyed peas can be soaked overnight to make them more easily digestible, but this is not necessary. Drain the peas, and then add enough water to cover them by 2 inches. Gently boil them for 1 hour with no salt. You can add a bit of kombu (seaweed) to the cooking water while they boil for improved digestibility.
- 2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. If you are using canned, look for a can that does not have any salt listed in the ingredients. Some varieties are actually cooked with kombu, which is ideal. Heat a large pan to medium, add olive oil and saute onion until softened. Add garlic, and saute briefly.
- 3. Next, add the zucchini to the pan and saute until soft. The pepper goes in next, then the tomato very briefly. As soon as the tomato is warmed, add the spices and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Stir the drained peas into the vegetables, and add the other teaspoon of salt. Stir to combine.
- 4. Spoon the mix into the middle of each tortilla, fold in both ends and roll. Place the rolls in a baking dish and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- stormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookstormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!