Red Lentil And Pepper SoupFrom michael 3 years ago
- 10g butter shopping list
- 250g red lentils (Uncooked) shopping list
- 1 Can chickpeas (Cooked) shopping list
- 2x red onions shopping list
- 3x garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/2tsp cumin shopping list
- 1tsp coriander shopping list
- 1.5tsp mint shopping list
- 1/2 red chilli, diced shopping list
- 50-100g pearl barley shopping list
- 1x Red pepper shopping list
- 1x Yellow pepper shopping list
- 1x Can of tomatoes shopping list
- 2 litres chicken stock shopping list
- 1xtbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2xtsp sugar shopping list
- Salt&pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Over a gentle heat, melt the butter.
- Slice the peppers into strips and dice the Onions, Garlic and Chilli.
- Add the onions, garlic, chilli and sugar. Cook, covered, over a low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cumin, coriander, mint and peppers, stir well and cover again, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes..
- Rinse the lentils and pearl barley, add and stir in the mix. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Chicken stock and tomatoes (diced/blended).
- Cook gently for 30-40 minutes until the lentils have cooked and are soft.
- Add the Chickpeas and heat through for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and stir.
- The soup should be fairly thick, but you can reduce as you want. Season and serve.
- Croutons are an optional extra :).
People Who Like This Dish 0
- michael Harpenden, GB
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmichael Harpenden, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!