Steamed Tapioca Pearls Cakes (kuih Sago)From Yinhomemade 3 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Soak sago in cold water for 60 minutes; wash a few times to get rid of the starch and drain.
- 2. Mix in sugar, corn flour and add in 1tsp of Vanilla essence, stir to blend well.
- 3. Pour the sago mixture into a steaming tray, steam until cooked (the sago turns transparent in appearance), about 30 minutes.
- 4. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool down.
- 5. Cut into bite size cube and coat with grated or desiccated coconut and serve.
- If dried desiccated coconut is used, best to soften the coconut before use.
- Pour out sufficient amount of desiccated coconut in a plate, add in ½ tsp salt and sprinkle some water onto it and microwave heat or steam to soften the coconut.