The Carrot CakeFrom thesunflower 3 years ago
- 2 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp each of ground cinnamon, fresh grated nutmeg & all spice shopping list
- 1 cup raisins (if you aren't a raisin fan you can use chopped walnuts) shopping list
- 1 cup canola oil shopping list
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots (use your food processor for this task...a hand shredder is your enemy!) shopping list
- 4 large eggs ( incorporate one at a time) shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark rum shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together all the dry ingredients (the first 6 ingredients) in a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl of your standing mixer (or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer) combine the remaining ingredients. Slowly add the dry components. Once just mixed together, divide the batter in even amounts into three 8" buttered and floured cake pans. Bake in a preheated oven (350F) for 55 minutes. Cakes are done when they bounce back when you touch them.
- Let cakes cool for 15 minutes before even attempting to remove them from the pans. Once successfully removed, let them cool completely on wire racks. At this point you can either wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to two days before frosting.
- I suggest the classic Cream Cheese frosting for this cake but add a dash of almond extract or perhaps two dashes of cinnamon. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 0
- thesunflower Shadow Hills, California
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookthesunflower Shadow Hills, California
- Not added to any groups yet!