Lemon Pound Cake With Cream Cheese GlazeFrom IchigoGirl 4 years ago
- lemon Pound cake shopping list
- 3 cups cake flour (12 ounces) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar (17 1/2 ounces) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 8 large eggs shopping list
- 1 pound unsalted butter (4 sticks), melted shopping list
- For the glaze shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar (6 ounces) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese , softened shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Pinch table salt shopping list
How to make it
- Step 1:For the Cakes: Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8 1/2 by 4 1/2-inch loaf pans with vegetable oil spray, then line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Step 2:Pulse the sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla in a food processor until combined, about 5 pulses. Add the eggs and process until combined, about 5 seconds. With the machine running, slowly add the melted butter through the feed tube in a steady stream (this should take about 30 seconds), until it is all incorporated. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Sift the flour mixture over the eggs in 3 steps, whisking gently after each addition, until just combined.
- Step 3:Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees and continue to bake until the cakes are deep golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through the baking time.
- Step 4:Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then turn them out onto a wire rack. Let the cakes cool completely, 2 to 3 hours.
- Step 5:To Store: Wrap the fully cooled cakes tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 1 month. (If frozen, let the cake thaw completely at room temperature, 2 to 4 hours.)
- Step 6:To Serve: The cake can be served at room temperature (glazed) or warmed. To warm the cake, unwrap it and place it on a baking sheet in a 350-degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Step 7:For the Glaze: Mix all the ingredients together until smooth, then let sit until thickened, about 25 minutes. Pour the glaze over the top of the cake after it has completely cooled, allowing the glaze to drip down the sides. Let the glaze set for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Step 8:Enjoy!
The CookIchigoGirl Ōta, Japan
- Not added to any groups yet!