Indian Paneer Cream CurryFrom jhimlyb 6 years ago
- Paneer - 1/2 kg shopping list
- Cream - 8-10 tbs shopping list
- onions - 3 medium shopping list
- garlic - 8 medium/4 large cloves shopping list
- ginger - 1-2 tbs (chopped) shopping list
- coriander seeds - 2 tbs shopping list
- tomatoes - 3 medium shopping list
- Fenugreek leaves dried - 3-4 tbs shopping list
- milk - 2 tbs (optional) shopping list
- Chilly Powder - 1 tbs shopping list
- Green Chillies - 3-4 shopping list
- cooking oil - 4-5 tbs shopping list
- salt to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation :
- Grind 2 onions, garlic, ginger and chilly powder together.
- Grind the tomatoes to make a puree.
- Keep these two aside for sometime.
- Chop the last onion into chunks
- Cut paneer into rectangular pieces See Photo. Boil these in water (add a little salt) for about 10 minutes.
- Method :
- In a frying pan, pour some oil and add in the Coriander Seeds.
- When they start sizzling, add the onion, garlic, ginger paste.
- When the paste starts turning brown add the chopped onions.
- This should cook till the paste starts to turn brown and separates from the oil.
- Next add in the tomato puree and keep stirring.
- When the gravy turns a darker red and starts separating from the oil add in the chunks of paneer.
- Stir this, making sure that all paneer pieces are covered in the sauce.
- Stir for just about 4-5 minutes and add in the cream.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves.
- Add Salt. Mix well.
- Slit the chillies and add them on top (do not stir)
- Add in the milk. (optinal, this is done incase you need more gravy)
- Cover and let the fenugreek leaves and chillies steam for 10 minutes.
- This is now done! Enjoy!
The Cookjhimlyb Pune, India
- Not added to any groups yet!