Cheesy Polenta With Sauted VegetablesFrom maccabeth 7 years ago
- For the sautéed vegetables: shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, cut into half moons shopping list
- 1-2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced in rounds shopping list
- Approximately 3/4 cup vegetarian ground "meat" such as Boca ground or Morningstar shopping list
- About 20 cherry or grape tomatoes, diced shopping list
- For the Polenta: shopping list
- 1 cup instant polenta, dry shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 small can of evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup cheese of your choice, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté the vegetables and vegetarian ground on medium in a non stick pan with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the polenta.
- Bring the stock to a boil on the stove and mix in the polenta in a stream, constantly stirring.
- Slowly add in the evaporated milk in about 3 or 4 additions.
- Let the polenta bubble as it absorbs the liquid. Add more or less liquid according to the texture desired.
- Turn off the heat just before the polenta is done and mix in the cheese. It will continue to cook slightly off the heat.
- Serve the vegetables on top of the polenta.
The Cookmaccabeth Alpharetta, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!