Grilled Eggplant Roll-upsFrom harveyborgia 4 years ago
- 1 large eggplant (about 2 lbs), cut lengthwise into 9 slices from center, ¼” thick shopping list
- 2 cups small bread cubes, white part only shopping list
- ½ cup milk shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 9 thin slices pancetta (about 1/2 lb) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill for 15 minutes on medium
- Place eggplant slices into a large sauce pan of boiling water. Remove and drain when the slices are soft, about 2 minutes. Dry well on paper towels. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Moisten the bread in the milk and then squeeze dry. Put the bread in a mixing bowl and stir in the garlic and basil. Salt to taste and add the olive oil. Knead well.
- Lay out eggplant slices. Put a heaping tbsp of stuffing in the center of each slice and roll up. Wrap each roll-up in a slice of pancetta. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place roll-up on the grill and cook for 15 minutes. Turn and continue grilling until pancetta has crispy edges and the eggplant is golden, about another 15 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- harveyborgia Tampa, Florida
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookharveyborgia Tampa, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!