Suzy-q's Beef StewFrom SuzyBlue 2 years ago
- 2.5 lbs beef chuck, cubed into 1" pieces shopping list
- Italian salad dressing (I use Good seasons) shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 Cups boiling water and 2 tsp "Better than Boullion" base OR 2 cup boiling water and 2 Cups broth (beef/veggie) shopping list
- 1 TBSP lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tsp red wine shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 2-3 bay leaves shopping list
- 6-7 med red potatoes shopping list
- 1 small bag baby carrots (1lb) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1.2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- dash allspice shopping list
- 2 cups Bisquick & 2/3 c milk for dumplings if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate meat in salad dressing for 1-24 hrs in fridge.
- Drain excess dressing from meat and dredge in flour.
- In a large pot brown meat in oil. It's okay if it sticks a little.
- Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add water & broth base (or water and broth).
- Scrape bottom of pan if necessary to deglaze flavor from pan.
- Add spices/lemon/wine/garlic and bay leaves.
- Let simmer on low for 10 or more minutes so flavors blend.
- Add potatoes and carrots one hour before serving.
- Stir occasionally during cooking.
- If dumplings are served:
- Prepare according to box and drop by heaping tablespoons onto surface of stew 20 minute prior to serving. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. uncover and cook for 10 more minutes or until surface is dry and spongy.
- Slow cooker directions:
- Brown marinated and dredged meat in a pan and set aside.
- Layer in order in crock pot: carrots, onion, browned meat, potatoes. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over top of potatoes.
- DO NOT MIX.
- Cover and cook on high 4-4.5 hours.
- Dumplings may not work with slow cooker. Service with french bread or baking powder biscuits.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- SuzyBlue Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookSuzyBlue Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!