Date Filled Oatmeal CookiesFrom neeka 8 years ago
- 2 C flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/4 C butter shopping list
- 1/2 C Crisco shopping list
- 1 lg egg shopping list
- 1/4 c molasses shopping list
- 1 C rolled oats shopping list
- Date Filling: shopping list
- 1 C chopped, pitted dates. (about 1/2 #) shopping list
- 1/2 C sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend flour, salt, and soda. Cream butter, shortening, egg, and molasses; add dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Blin in rolled oats.
- Roll dough out to 1/8 of an inch on a lightyl floured board or countertop. Cut with 2 1/2 cookie cutter (any shape). Bake 10-12 minutes.
- After all of the cookies are baked, Spread about 1 T of the date filling between two cookies.
- **Directions for Filling: Boil everthing together unti thick--stirring constantly. Stir in 1/2 C nuts, if desired. Cool before using.
- Yields: 2 Dozen filled cookies
The Cookneeka Superior, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!