Lemon Yogurt Tea CakeFrom Fanml4me 3 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup plain, nonfat yogurt shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- glaze (see directions, below) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Whisk together until smooth. Slowly whisk in the dry ingredients, until just combined. Add vegetable oil and stir until just incorporated and smooth.
- Pour batter into loan pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes, until toothpick tests clean. Let cool in pan while you prepare the glaze.
- For the glaze, combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice in small saucepan. Over medium-high heat, while stirring constantly, heat to a boil to make a syrup (liquid will become clear when sugar is dissolved). Spoon over warm cake and let cook completely before serving.
- I have found that the cake slices and serves beautifully right from the pan; it's especially delicious since the glaze has slowly seeped into the cake from the top, and not run off the cake as it would have done if the cake had been removed.
The CookFanml4me San Luis Obispo, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!