Cream Of Potato SoupFrom luckyrustic 2 years ago
- 4 red potatoes shopping list
- 3 strips of bacon shopping list
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- 1 carrot shopping list
- 1 stick of celery shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of flour shopping list
- 4 cups of whole milk shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoning salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 14 oz chicken stock shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse them off and slice them to 1 inch cubes. Place in a pot with water.
- Bring the pot to a boil and let simmer.
- While the potatoes are cooking, slice the bacon into small pieces and place in a large pot on medium heat.
- After the bacon has been cooked, add the sliced Holy Vegetable Trinity (onion, carrot, and celery). Cook the vegetables in the bacon fat until the onions are sweet (5-10 minutes).
- Then add the flour and mix well. Cook the flour until the "flour" taste is gone (about 3 minutes) and then add 4 cups of warm whole milk.
- Mix well with the flour and then add the bay leaf, seasoning salt, thyme, paprika, and mustard powder.
- Once the soup becomes really thick, add the can of chicken stock. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- At this point the potatoes should be cooked. Drain the potatoes and add them to the soup.
- Temper the egg and add it to the soup.
- Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookluckyrustic Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!