Sinfully Delicious Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom afchickie4185 4 years ago
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2/3 cup + 2 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup Rapadura or sucanat shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, blend together shortening, butter, Sucanat, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- 3. Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda, adding only 1 cup of flour at a time and blending after each addition.
- 4. Using a large mixing spoon, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- 5. Using a Tablespoon, scoop out rounded chunks of dough and drop them 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Handle the dough as little as possible. (ie: don't roll it in your hands)
- 6. Bake at 375F 8-10 minutes or until the cookies appear almost done. Pull the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for about 1 min. Then, remove them from the pan and cool on a wire rack until completely cool. If you put them in a container before they're completely cool, they will stick together.
The Cookafchickie4185 Spokane
- Not added to any groups yet!