Chocolate FondantFrom BMikel 5 years ago
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) unsalted butter, plus extra to grease shopping list
- 2 tsp (10 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder, to dust shopping list
- 2 oz (50 g) good-quality dark, bittersweet chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), in pieces shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) superfine sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Tia Maria liqueur shopping list
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) all-purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Butter 4 ramekins (3 inches/7.5 cm in diameter) and dust liberally with cocoa powder. Melt the chocolate and butter in a small bowl set over a pan of hot water, then take off the heat and stir until smooth.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the whole egg, egg yolk, and sugar together until pale and thick, then incorporate the chocolate mixture. Fold in the liqueur, followed by the flour.
- Divide the chocolate mixture among the ramekins and bake for 12 minutes. Turn the chocolate fondants out onto warm plates and serve immediately with a dollop of crème fraîche or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
The CookBMikel Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!